Bible Verse Of The Day

September 6, 2026

Sanctified Steps: When You Can't See What's Ahead | Isaiah 26:4 (KJV)

 

When You Can't See What's Ahead| Isaiah 26:4


📖 Scripture:

“Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength." Isaiah 26:4 (KJV)

Devotional:

Trust is easy when the road makes sense.

It becomes much harder when the door closes, the answer doesn’t come, or the path God allows looks nothing like the one you expected.

We often want God to show us what is ahead before we agree to trust Him. We want the explanation. The timeline. The outcome.

But faith doesn’t always come with a map.

Isaiah tells us to Trust ye in the LORD for ever. Not only when we understand. Not only when life is going according to plan. Not only when we can see evidence that everything will work out.

For ever.

Why?

Because our trust is not built on circumstances. It is built on the unchanging strength of God.

What feels uncertain to you is not uncertain to Him. What you cannot see has never been hidden from Him. And when your own strength begins to fail, His does not.

Reflection:

Is there something you are struggling to trust God with because you cannot see how it will turn out?

Sometimes we think, If I just understood what God was doing, then I could trust Him.

But Scripture reminds us:

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding."
  Proverbs 3:5 (KJV)

Faith does not require every answer. Sometimes it simply says, Lord, I cannot see what is ahead, but I know You can.”

Daily Wisdom Insight:

Trust does not require knowing what comes next.

It requires knowing Who goes with you.

God sees farther than you can, knows what you do not, and remains strong when your own strength runs low.

You don't need the whole path to take the next faithful step.

Application:

Today, identify one situation you have been trying to figure out before you will fully trust God with it.

Instead of asking Him to reveal every detail, pray simply:

“Lord, help me trust You with what I cannot see.”

Then take the next step you do know to take—and leave what lies beyond it in His hands.

Prayer:

Father,

I confess that sometimes I want answers
before I am willing to trust You.

When I cannot see what is ahead,
remind me that You already can.

Help me stop leaning on my own understanding
and rest in Your wisdom and everlasting strength.

Give me faith to follow You
one step at a time,
even when I cannot see where the road leads.

I trust You with what I know,
what I don't know,
and what is still ahead.

Amen.

💬 Discussion Questions:

  1. What area of your life is hardest for you to trust God with right now?
  2. Have you ever looked back and realized that a closed door or changed plan was actually protecting or redirecting you?
  3. What would trusting God with your next step look like today?

Discover More:

Stay encouraged with devotionals crafted to strengthen your faith in every season. Visit the Sanctified Steps page »

☕ If our devotionals and stories have blessed your heart, you can treat us to a cup of coffee through PayPal or visit the Faithfully Encourage Shop for notebooks, mugs, and candles inspired by everyday faith.

👠 Step by sanctified step.💛 ✨


No comments:

Post a Comment